Each year, Boulder High hosts more than 200 college admissions representatives in the Counseling Office to provide an opportunity for juniors and seniors to learn more about prospective colleges. Visits usually take about 30 minutes, during which students can learn about academic, scholarship, and campus living offerings, and can help students either include or eliminate a college from their prospective college lists. Boulder High has put into place policies to add structure to these visits, and to maintain the integrity of the classrooms that are frequently interrupted by this activity.
- College visits are for sophomores with parent permission, juniors and seniors.
- Students may choose to participate in a maximum of 5 visits.
- Students must give teachers 48 hours' notice, and have the appropriate teachers sign their visit forms.
The visits are posted on the College tab in Naviance and on the white board outside the Counseling Office. If you have added a certain college to your "Colleges I'm Thinking About" in Naviance, you will receive an e-mail reminder of the day and time, 24 hours in advance.
If you have schools above the limit of 5 that you would like to visit with, don't forget about these college fair opportunities:
- In-State College Fair at Centaurus High School: Tuesday, September 6, from 6 to 8 pm.
- Out-of-State College Fair at Monarch High School: Wednesday, September 28, from 6 to 8 pm.
You may pick up a College Admissions Representative Visit Form
in the Counseling Office. You will fill out the names of the colleges you wish to visit, the dates of the visits, and get teacher signatures. You must bring the form with you to all your college visits. It's your admission ticket.