Historical Preservation Project
A plan is underway to develop an historical exhibition of the first hundred years of Boulder High School; as State Preparatory School 1875-1935, and as Boulder High School 1935-1976. This permanent exhibition will be erected at Boulder High School in the front lobby and the hallway toward the gymnasium to the south.
**Check back on this website for all the updates with this project**
- Project #1: Check out the new look for the Boulder HS Entry. Project completed September 2020. See details below.
Donations & Historical photos/artifacts needed.
Please join in this effort to save and permanently display the history of the first public high school in Colorado. If you have questions or can help provide historical photos, stories, or artifacts such as old sports uniforms, please contact Melissa Warfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-561-5301.
Monetary donations are needed to make this project happen. If you would like to send a check, please use the information below. Any amount is gratefully appreciated. You can also make an online credit card donation through Mighty Cause Fundraising Website.
Boulder High School Historical Project
In care of Ricki Hetherington, Treasurer
1604 Arapahoe Ave
Boulder, CO 80302.
View Daily Camera Article (Sept 2019) for additional information.
A big thank you goes out to the core planning group for their time and effort to get this project going. A special thank you to Jean Bonelli and her passion for this project. Thank you also to the Boulder HS Parent Advisory Committee (BHSPAC.org) for the $10,000 grant to kick start this project. Thank you to the Boulder HS Student Leadership Alliance (SLA) group for their fundraising efforts. Thank you Boulder HS alumni and parent volunteers, Jessie and Seth Frankel with Studio Tectonic, for their advice and expertise with updating the project plan. Thank you to Boulder HS alumni Eddie Toledo for donating the glass donations from Toledo Glass.
- Project #1: A New Look for Boulder HS Entry, Completed September 2020
- Project #2: Upper Wall Ring
- Project #3A: State Prep to BHS
- Project #3B: Growing Up Together
- Project #4A & #4B: Showtime! & Shows of the Past
- Project #5: Juniors to Seniors Case
- Project #6A/B/C/D: History to Today - Arts/Academics/Athletics/Activated
- Project #7A & #7B: BHS Through the Years