Academics at Boulder High School
We have a strong academic reputation and one of the most comprehensive programs in the state, with nearly 30 AP courses available to students across multiple disciplines and grade levels. The AP program allows students the freedom to follow their passion, in whatever discipline(s) they choose. There are no specific set courses that must be taken for AP recognition at graduation.
In addition to the broad range of advanced and AP classes available at Boulder High, we are one of only two high schools in BVSD to offer the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program in grades 9 through 12. We are proud to offer this program that challenges students and provides them the tools, motivation, and course guidance for academic success.
We offer five world languages—Spanish, French, German, Latin, and Japanese—from levels 1 through 4 and Advanced Placement (year 5). We have one of the District’s largest English-as-a-second-language programs and serve students from 30 countries who speak dozens of languages.
Information about these programs and pathways are helping when selecting courses to take at Boulder High.
Boulder High is a place for everyone, offering many of these special classes to meet the needs of all students.
To help support students to be successful at Boulder High, these groups and services, including tutoring are available.
Departments, Course Catalog, and Academic Honors:
- Each Academic Department at Boulder High has it's own page listing information about the department, course listings, teaching staff, and graduation requirements.
- The Course Catalog is also available as a resource listing all the courses offered at Boulder High this school year as well as next school year.
- BHS Academic Honors Website lists out the academic awards available to students and the criteria needed in order for students to earn the award.
Class & Testing Information:
- BHS Class Information Website provides information on class fees & supplies as well as grading and summer homework.
- Testing Information Website provides the schedule and information on final exams, AP testing, as well as College Entrance exams and State Assessments.
Classes Elsewhere: at Boulder TEC, CU, or Online
As a high school student at Boulder High School, there are many opportunities to follow your interests and take classes outside of our school earning graduation credits as well as possible college credits. For more information, view the Classes Outside Boulder High Website.