Rotary has been growing Young Leaders for over 100 years, one way we do this is through our Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) Conferences.
RYLA conferences are fun, action-packed, team-oriented experiences geared to give our young people opportunities to learn and practice leading groups.
This is a terrific way to help prepare high school students for the leadership challenges of college, work, and life.
This 5-day program includes activities targeted to:
- Increase personal responsibility
- Increase leadership skills and knowledge
- Develop goal setting and decision-making abilities
- Improve teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Be fun, engaging, and inspiring
What does it cost?
This is Rotary’s investment in our youth. A local Rotary Club will pay the conference fee of $500, and over 100 Rotarians donate a week of their time, so there is no cost to the student.
When and where is it?
The conference will be held at the YMCA in Estes Park, CO, 60 minutes northwest of Denver. It will begin mid-afternoon Sunday, July 17, and conclude at noon on Friday, July 22, 2022.
Who is eligible?
- Any student entering the 11th or 12th grade next fall as well as graduating seniors.
- The ideal candidate for RYLA is a student that is honest, responsible, and has a strong desire to learn and grow.
How can students apply?
Go to www.rockymountainRYLA.org and complete the application then follow the instructions.
They will be contacted by a Rotary Club member to schedule an interview.