CU Denver is hosting a virtual FAFSA + CASFA Completion event on October 28, 2021, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm MST. Their financial aid expert will be online to help you fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or your Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) and answer any questions you may have. Applying for financial aid early is the best way to be considered for funds to pay for your cost of education.
FAFSA applicants: To expedite the FAFSA application completion process, please create your account FSA ID username and password at https://studentaid.gov/. The student AND at least one parent will need to create an FSA ID to electronically sign the FAFSA application.
For Colorado applicants: Most U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens are eligible for Federal Student Aid and will complete the FAFSA application (click here to check your eligibility). However, if you are not eligible to receive Federal student aid, please consider applying for state and institutional funding offered by CU Denver’s Financial Aid and Scholarship Office by creating a CASFA account and completing the CASFA application (Colorado Application for State Financial Aid).
When attending our virtual FAFSA + CASFA Completion event, you will need to have available the following information and documents:
- 2020 Federal Tax Return (with all attachments and schedules 1-5, if applicable)
- 2020 Employer Forms: W-2’s, 1099’s and 1098
- Driver’s License number (if applicable)
- CU Denver Financial Aid School Code: 004508
- Social Security Numbers or Permanent Resident Number for student and parents
- A valid email address for student and at least one parent to receive process notifications
- Estimated amount of Income and Assets (from your bank, investments, business and farm income, if applicable)
Please note: If you are a transfer student starting in Spring 2022 or Summer 2022, please have 2019 income and tax documents as well.
M. Lesa Briggs, M.S. | Assistant Director K-12 Outreach
Financial Literacy Wellness Outreach | Undergraduate Admissions & K-12 Outreach
University of Colorado Denver