To begin course selection for the 2021–22 school year, counselors will meet with students during ICAP (Individualized Career and Academic Plan) sessions starting February 2. The ICAPs include a video presentation and a virtual Q & A. Please refer to the course selection timeline below for more information.
Timeline for 2021–22 course selection
- February 2–9: Counselors will discuss course selection with each grade level in virtual ICAP presentations that will take place during Advisory. Links to join will be emailed to students on the day of their ICAP.
- Freshmen: Feb. 2 (Tue.), Advisory (3:00–3:45 pm)
- Sophomores: Feb. 4 (Thu.), Advisory (3:00–3:45 pm)
- Juniors: Feb. 9 (Tue.), Advisory (3:00–3:45 pm)
- February 8: Watch course selection video. Teachers will post the link to the PTV course video on Monday, February 8, during asynchronous learning. The video link will also be available on the counseling website so students and families can view it again.
- February 10: Course advising with teachers. On Wednesday, February 10, your current teacher will make a course recommendation for next year during the school day. During Advisory on Wednesday, February 10, students should meet with their semester 1 teachers to obtain a course recommendation. Teachers will have course override forms available if your student wants to take a different course from what is being recommended.
- February 10–18: Input course selections into Infinite Campus (IC). The IC portal will open Wednesday, February 10, at 4:00 pm, and students must input their courses by February 18 at midnight. Instructions for entering courses in IC will be emailed to students on February 10. Counselors will host a virtual Q & A on February 16, 17, and 18 during lunch breaks from 11:15 am to 12:05 pm. A Google Meet link will be emailed to students for these Q & A sessions.
For more information and resources, go to the BHS Course Selection webpage.