***Due to the forecast for snow and freezing temperatures on Friday and Saturday, the Boulder High School Graduation Ceremony will now be held on Sunday, May 22, at 9:00 am, Recht Field. Seniors are asked to report by 8:15 am to the west field to line up.***
We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2022!
Please read through the information below. Be sure to review the links to parking and seating maps below. Graduating Seniors are allowed to invite family and guests to the ceremony. Due to the relaxed COVID restrictions, there is NO limit on the number of attendees. If you have specific questions, please email Assistant Principal Scott Cawlfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Date!! Boulder High School’s 2022 Graduation Ceremony Is Now Sunday, May 22, at 9:00 am.
DATE: Sunday, May 22, 2022
PLACE: Recht Field at Boulder HS-1604 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO 80302
- 8:00 am—Gates Open for Guests. Due to the relaxed COVID restrictions, there is no limit on the number of attendees. All guests are asked to be seated by 8:45 am. ADA accessible seating is available on both the North and South side bleachers, as well as on the field. We will also have a viewing area set up within our new Field House. While you’re warming up, you’ll be able to watch the livestream or view from the window onto the field.
- 8:15 am—Graduates arrive by 8:15 am and report directly to Recht Field and go to the West practice field in preparation for the Processional. Be on time. Commencement will not be held up for anyone.
- 9:00 am—Graduation Ceremony Begins
Please view the Graduation Parking Information Document for more details and parking maps. Parking will be limited--make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking and get to the field.
Please view the 2022 Graduation Seating Information Document for information on seating options. We will also have a viewing area set up within our new Field House. While you’re warming up, you’ll be able to watch the livestream or view from the window onto the field.
ADA Accessible Seating: These areas are available on both the North and South side bleachers, as well as on the field. Because ADA accessible seating is limited, we ask that only one family member sits with your guest. Please allow ample time to park and be seated as we ask that all guests are seated by 8:45 am so that we can begin the ceremony promptly at 9:00 am.
The ceremony will be livestreamed. Please share the link below with family and friends who are unable to attend the Boulder High School ceremony. Please note the above link will not be active until shortly before graduation begins at 9:00 am on May 22.
2022 Boulder HS Graduation Live Stream:
We expect that graduates take the opportunity to celebrate this important achievement by dressing appropriately. Students should wear clothes and shoes that are both comfortable and appropriate, in line with a dress code that aims to show respect for the graduation ceremony. Graduates are allowed to decorate their cap to display their unique personality, as long as the decorations are appropriate, respectful, and don’t distract from the ceremony.
Tassel: The tassel should be worn over the right temple, just to the right of the eye.
This year we will be working with Lifetouch Shutterfly for graduation portraits at our commencement ceremony. Lifetouch will photograph our graduates as they receive their diplomas. The portraits will be uploaded to a Shutterfly site 3-5 days after the ceremony.
You can access the images using this link: https://link.shutterfly.com/UcuYn2hUinb
CODE OF CONDUCT
Participation in the commencement ceremony is voluntary and a privilege. If you choose to participate in the ceremony, you are expected to abide by all the requirements outlined here. You may choose not to attend the ceremony and instead pick up your diploma the following week in the school’s counseling office. The honor of participating in graduation is a culminating celebration of your hard work and ambition. Our hope is that each graduate recognizes the gravity of their actions and doesn't risk losing their opportunity to join their classmates on May 21. These expectations will be reviewed again at commencement rehearsal on May 19.
- Senior pranks of any kind are strictly prohibited, regardless of the intent or nature. Any student who is involved in any senior pranks from now until graduation will lose their privilege of participating in the ceremony, and their diploma will be mailed to their primary address in Infinite Campus.
- Students are expected to act appropriately in accordance with school policy.
- Students and families are asked to maintain the dignity of the ceremony out of respect for all who attend. Major disruptions may result in cessation of the remainder of the ceremony.
- NO alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises. Individuals who are deemed intoxicated will be asked to leave. BVSD Security and City of Boulder Police Officers will be on site.
- All school procedures and policies will be in effect throughout the graduation ceremony.